How to Connect to the Temple Network
Wireless (WiFi) Network Access
- Wireless access is permitted for personal machines as well as Temple purchased machines.
- Choose tusecurewireless from your operating system's wireless network chooser, and enter your
TUPortal username and password when prompted.
- For more information, please refer to https://its.temple.edu/wireless-campus
Wired (Ethernet) Network Access
- Only Temple purchased & managed machines are allowed on the wired network.
(WARNING: CST IT will not allow machines purchased from CRC to be connected to the wired network! No exceptions!)
- No personal devices are allowed on the wired network.
- Never enter a static IP address into your device and connect to the port.
To connect a machine to the ethernet port in your office, the device's MAC / Ethernet address has to be registered.
Please submit a help request @ http://tuhelp.temple.edu with the following details to get the machine registered:
- The building and room number where the machine is located
- The machine's host name
- Operating system type and version (e.g. Windows 10)
- Ethernet MAC address.
- If your machine contains a CST asset sticker (e.g. CST12345), then please provide the number printed on this sticker.
- If your room does NOT have an ethernet port available, then we must know about this since we will need to place an order
to have one installed.
- Please explicitly write Refer to CST IT in your help request.
Typical wired network access request processing time is 1 to 2 business days, if your
office already has an available ethernet port.
If we must install an ethernet port, this will increase
to 10 to 15 business days. Please plan accordingly.